Friday 1 July 2011

The Preparation Vortex part 5

Well, the days are slipping by. Only 48 hours to go. Yesterday evening Martin and I, under the expert eyes of Claire and Phoebe, stuck the posters up on the wall at Tinsmiths. They look excellent, even though I say so myself. That is due to Martin's skills rather than mine, and of course includes one each from Mark and Claire de la Torre. The wall has truly become The Talking Wall. It looks as though the weather will hold for Sunday. We are in with a chance of pulling this off!
The posters went on sale on line on Tinsmiths website on Thursday. Martin rang me in great excitement to report that four had been sold by 9.30 am. Once people start to see them on the wall, how will they be able to resist?
Later in the evening I read as one of 4 poets at the Tree Frogs gig at the Retreat. A good evening was had by all. As first poet up at the mic, I believe I had the distinction of being the first poet to read at the venue under the present management. I had a good encouraging response, and liked what I heard of Jai Hill and Amy Rainbow. Mark Stevenson's stuff is well-known to me and as I listened I realised that I knew it better than I thought I did. Familiarity in this case breeds deep appreciation. Nick Trigg suggested from the stage that we should start a fringe festival, which received cheers of approval. I go along with that.
I now need to make sure the microphone is working properly for Sunday and check my list of material. I have chosen my spot to stand so that I am within touching distance of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment