Friday 6 November 2009

A Package Arrives

A package arrives. I open it. Nestling amongst the swaddling bubblewrap is a compact disc. It is by and from my friend Stuart Mills. Blessed with the gift of a golden voice, Stuart has sung in bands ever since I first met him too long ago for human beings to be able to properly recall. Now he has finally recorded an album of well-chosen covers. It has a good warm feel to it, and I particularly like the original song on it, Time Goes By. I’m not sure whether it is generally available, but enquiries can be made if anyone wants to explore.

MPs demand answers over Nutt sacking screams the headline. You couldn’t make it up, could you?

I see Marcus has managed to channel the late Stanley Unwin on the home page. This ability must be encouraged, fostered, nurtured, teased out and displayed wherever possible. It is the duty of all who encounter Marcus to put a pint of cider in front of him and talk nonsense to him, since this seems to be the fuel on which he operates. I only have a few opportunities per week to do so and others must shoulder some of the responsibility. It is for the greater good. You know it makes ninsense.

And there’s a fine example of a typo, which has led to the dictionary, originally christened the Typorific Dictionary, now given a corporate makeover as the Turn Up Dictionary. You will hear (I mean read) more on this subject. Assume the position and brace yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment